Macon Music Half Marathon
Macon, GA November 4, 2023
We are proud to announce the inaugural Macon Music Half Marathon to be held on November 4, 2023. It will start and end in Carolyn Crayton Park (Central City Park). The course details are still to be worked out but our plan is to take you by locations showing the musical heritage of Macon including the Big House, Capricorn Studios, and Mercer’s McDuffie Center for Strings as well as other historic and cultural sites. More details will be released as the course is refined.
Registration is OPEN!
Please Note: No bikes, pets, or skates will be allowed on the race course. We request that participants pushing baby joggers or strollers use extreme caution so as to avoid injury to small passengers and to your fellow athletes. Walkers are welcome. There is a 3.5-hour (16:00 min/mile) time limit for the course. No refunds or transfers are allowed.
Online registration and registration by mail is open and will remain open through Friday, November 3.
|through May 31||$65|
|June 1 – October 21||$70|
|October 22- race day||$75|
Packet pickup will be held on Friday, November 3, hours TBD.
- Note: Awards must be claimed at the awards ceremony on race day. If you have won an award, or think you might have, and cannot stay for the awards ceremony please ask someone to pick up your award.
- Awards will be given to the top 3 Overall, 1st Master (40+), 1st Grand Master (50+).
- Awards will be given to the top 3 in the following age groups: 10 and Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, and 80 and over.
- There will be no duplication of awards.
- Awards will be based on net time.
- Decisions by the race director are final.
The first 400 finishers will receive a commemorative finishers medal.
Participants will receive a quarter-zip quality long-sleeve shirt while supplies last. Register by October 20 to guarantee a shirt in your size.
Start Location and Time
The race starts at 8:00 a.m. in Carolyn Crayton Park (150 Willie Smokie Glover Dr, Macon, GA 31201) and finishes in the same location.
There will be five stations along the race course at miles 3, 5, 7, 9, and 11. Fluids will be available at the start/finish line and all aid stations. Porta-potties at the start/finish line and at stations 5 and 9.
More details to be announced later.
Host Hotel – Candlewood Suites,
3957 Riverplace Dr,
Rooms are $79 per night.
Use group rate code: Macon Tracks
Looking for a training plan for your first half marathon? Or looking for a plan to set a new PR? Hal Higdon has plans for all levels of runners at https://www.halhigdon.com/training/half-marathon-training/
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or check macontracks.org, or the Macon Music Half Marathon Facebook page for complete, updated race details.